When you’re stuck in the cycle of addiction, recovery can seem out of reach. But no matter how powerless you feel, change is possible with the right treatment and support.
It takes courage and strength to face up to any type of addiction, whether it’s alcohol, drugs, nicotine, gambling, the internet, or self-injury. Recovery is a process, and there’s bound to be some bumps in the road. Don’t give up, even if you’ve tried and failed before.
More articles on addiction and recovery
- How to Quit Smoking: A Guide to Kicking the Habit for Good
- Smartphone Addiction: Tips for Breaking Free of Compulsive Smartphone Use
- Self-Help Groups for Alcohol Addiction: Alcoholics Anonymous and Other Alcohol Addiction Support Groups
- Self-Help Groups for Drug Addiction: Narcotics Anonymous and Other Addiction Support Groups
- Understanding Addiction: How Addiction Hijacks the Brain
- Almost Alcoholic: You Don’t Have to be an Alcoholic to Have a Drinking Problem
- Teenage Drinking: Understanding the Dangers and Talking to Your Child
- Women and Alcohol: The Hidden Risks of Drinking